OpenGL, -mno-cygwin ***Aside: mailing list search engine is broken

Andre Bleau bleau@igb.umontreal.ca
Fri Feb 16 09:05:00 GMT 2001

>I'm working on an OpenGL app, and when I use
> >gcc -mwindows code.C -lopengl32 -lglu32
>I get an executable that runs fine.  However, when I use
> >gcc -mno-cygwin -mwindows code.C -lopengl32 -lglu32
>I get
> >code.C:17 gl/gl.h: No such file or directory
> >code.C:18 gl/glu.h: No such file or directory
>and the compile fails.  I also tried
> >gcc -mno-cygwin -mwindows code.C -I /usr/include -lopengl32 -lglu32
>but I get warnings about APIENTRY being redefined.
>However, the executable seems to work.  Can anyone
>help me understand what's going on here?
>
>Shawn

Shawn,

This has been discussed just last month, see:

http://sources.redhat.com:80/ml/cygwin/2001-01/msg00626.html

My usual answer in such a case is "Please look at the mailing list
archives", but I cannot use it this time, because the search engine seems
unable to find that message.

The title of the message is "Re: Compiling OpenGL applications"

I tried searching the whole mailing list with "Compiling OpenGL
applications" and got no hit. There is one hit for "Compiling OpenGL" but
it is not that message. Only one hit also for "APIENTRY -mno-cygwin", both
words being in the text of the target message, but the hit is for another
message. 50 hits for "APIENTRY" alone, but none af the is the target
message. Seems the serach engine has some problems...

André Bleau, ing.

email: bleau at igb dot umontreal dot ca
(Fight SPAM: encode your email-address)