-mno-cygwin symlinks... (Was Simple hello world in C++)

Patrick Lightbody plightbo@cisco.com
Tue Feb 20 21:30:00 GMT 2001

OK, I just kept making symlinks, it turns i only needed to do:
/usr/include/g++-3/_G_config.h --> ../_G_config.h
/usr/include/g++-3/sys --> ../sys

So now I can compile as the following shows:

[plightbo@raptor c]$ gcc test.cpp -lstdc++
[plightbo@raptor c]$ cygcheck.exe a.exe
Found: .\a.exe
.\a.exe
   C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
     C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.dll

Use -h to see help about each section
[plightbo@raptor c]$ gcc test.cpp -lstdc++ -lc -mno-cygwin
[plightbo@raptor c]$ cygcheck.exe a.exe
Found: .\a.exe
.\a.exe
   C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
     C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.dll
   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\crtdll.dll

Use -h to see help about each section
[plightbo@raptor c]$

However, as you can see crtdll.dll AND cygwin1.dll shouldn't both be linked
as is happening. When I run the app, it just locks up, which is
understandable. So what is going on? I still think it has to do with those
symlinks I made. What am I doing wrong? When compiling with -mno-cygwin I
need to have both -lstdc++ (of course) but also -lc or else I get tons of
linking errors. Yet without -mno-cygwin I no longer need -lc to compile/link.

-Pat