cygwin1.dll

Kirran.Bari@sf.frb.org Kirran.Bari@sf.frb.org
Wed Feb 21 12:27:00 GMT 2001

Earnie,

You're right - the setup log says that the file was installed right in the
bin folder.  The file is there but just hidden.

Thanks.
Kirran Bari

                    Earnie Boyd
                    <earnie_boyd@        To:     Kirran.Bari@sf.frb.org
                    yahoo.com>           cc:     Earnie Boyd <cygwin@cygwin.com>
                                         Subject:     Re: cygwin1.dll
                    02/21/01
                    12:14 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    Earnie Boyd

Kirran.Bari@sf.frb.org wrote:

> Strange.  I downloaded all the files from one of your mirror sites
> yesterday and installed them, and could not find cygwin1.dll anywhere.  I
> wrote you assuming that perhaps the file was obsolete and not part of the
> new release.
>
> (i.e.  cygwin1.dll does not show up in either the folder 'latest' or the
> installed folder 'cygwin')

Cygwin1.dll is a piece of a package (care to guess which one?).  For
some reason that package did not install properly.  Executing
http://cygwin.com/setup.exe again will only install what wasn't
installed yesterday.  For a clue as to what happened there exists a
setup.log.full in the same path as setup.exe that you can review.

Earnie.

P.S.: I've reset the reply to back to the list and have CC'ed them on
the discussion for your convenience.