SSH in CVS

Matt Linton mlinton@email.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 28 18:36:00 GMT 2001

Greetings, Cygwin developers. Before you kill this mail, I should state
that I've read the FAQ and the posting from Patrick Doyle explaining
exactly why Cygwin hangs and makes you type Ctrl-C to kill an SSH process
after using SSH to bring a CVS repository to your system.

My question is thus: A user in my department is attempting to use SSH to
access CVS, but is running that through automation. Thus, his automation
does not allow him the opportunity to manually break the bad fork, and his
automation has to be cut short each time he attempts to check out a CVS
binary.

Is there any fix, patch or workaround that has been discovered since
Patrick's posting to the mailing list? Or do you have any advice on how I
can help the users workaround this problem and still automate?

Many thanks in advance;

Matt Linton
Systems Administrator, Code IC:
NASA Ames Research Center