why is automake not installed by default?

Gerrit P. Haase perl-anfaenger@egroups.de
Tue Jan 9 07:29:00 GMT 2001

<Den 9 Jan 2001, 15:56 Uhr, hat Jan-Oliver Wagner geschrieben:>
< why is automake not installed by de >

> Hi,
>
> I just wonder why automake is not installed by default
> with the cygnus setup routine?

I've learned that (at first):
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#SEC44

And second, it was mentioned, that as long as perl is not part of the
standard distribution, automake, which is a perl-skript, could not be
included.

Well, since perl is available as a test release, I suggest, it will be
included soon.

Ciao,

gph
--
gerrit.haase@convey.de
PGP Version: 6.5.8 Public Key Information