Query on programs marked as test

E ecognito1@earthcorp.com
Mon Jan 22 14:27:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

I've noticed that a lot of programs that people say are marked as test on
this list come up as default to be installed in setup.exe.  Perl is one
example of this, and the recent ncurses 5.2-4 is another.

Looking in the setup.ini I notice that perl only has a test entry, no
current (or prev) entry.  Given that this is the first release of perl
under cygwin setup this makes sense.  Is it a bug in this case that causes
setup to try to install it?

As for ncurses, the 5.2-4 entry comes up as the current one in my setup.ini.

I've seen this with other 'test' releases as well in the past.
Wanted to note it as I assume it is not the intent of those doing the test
releases to have them distributed as current, and could cause difficulties
for novice/newbies unwittingly downloading test packages.

Thanx

E.