setup

DJ Delorie dj@delorie.com
Fri Jan 26 06:34:00 GMT 2001

> I have a symlink from /bin to /usr/bin.

Then don't use setup.  Sorry, we can't support nonstandard
installations.  There are a lot of things setup can't do, but that
keeps setup small and simple.  Once you start doing nonstandard
things, you lose your right to complain.

> I can't imagine that this thing goes through any sort of QA;

There is no QA.  We're all volunteers.  Are you volunteering to be QA?

> certainly none of the QA engineers I know would allow this sort of
> user interface to pass.

Actually, I passed it by a UI expert I know, and it passed.  If you'd
like to demonstrate your credentials I can compare them to his to see
who I should believe.