tcsh on Windows2000

Anantha Prasad/NE/USDAFS aprasad@fs.fed.us
Fri Jan 26 13:55:00 GMT 2001

Thanks much for the reply. It's working oK now - but the pushd behaviour is
strange. It appends the current working directory to the new directory so
that it becomes useless:
Eg.,
{teak^M-prasad}42> cd ~
/cygdrive/d/prasad
{teak^M-prasad}43> pushd d:/wineda
~/d:/wineda ~
{teak^M-prasad}44> pushd e:/hdd/east/migr
~/d:/wineda/e:/hdd/east/migr  ~/d:/wineda ~

Is there a way not to append the cwd to the stack? Why is this behaviour
implemented.
THanks much.

*

                    Corinna
                    Vinschen             To:     Anantha Prasad/NE/USDAFS
                    <cygwin@cygwi        <aprasad@fs.fed.us>
                    n.com>               cc:
                                         Subject:     Re: tcsh on Windows2000
                    01/26/2001
                    12:25 PM

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 12:10:32PM -0500, Anantha Prasad/NE/USDAFS wrote:
> I downloaded the tcsh file (Windows 2000). Thanks so much for writing a
> very useful addition to cygwin.
>
> There are a couple of questions  I have, if I may ask:
> In the tcsh shell (on Windows 2000) , whenever I try to invoke a Bourne
> shell script, it spawns a new window and the output of the script is
> written to the new window and it immediately disappears, which is unlike
> the behaviour under Unix, where you can get the output of a Bourneshell
> script on the csh shell itself. Is there a way to make tcsh on windows
> behave that way. I looked at the documentation but could not find
anything.
> Also, if there is an error, the shell just hangs and does not respond to
> any keyboard input (ctrl-c, ctrl-d ctrl-d etc).
> Any solutions?

No. I don't know what's going on on your system. I'm using tcsh
all the time and I'm using lots of bourne shell scripts as well.
I never had the problem which you described.

Did you install the latest version of Cygwin which is available
on http://cygwin.com ?

Subscribing is easy by sending an empty email to
mailto:cygwin-subscribe@cygwin.com .

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.