tcpd is where?

Mumit Khan khan@NanoTech.Wisc.EDU
Fri Jan 26 22:04:00 GMT 2001

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Seth Delackner wrote:

> I have searched both forms of the archive and google itself hath nothing to say about "cygwin tcpd" so exactly where do I find the cygwin version of it?  My default inetd.conf even says there's a port buy someone, but googling for him finds...nothing!

I'm attaching a patch against tcp wrapper version 7.6 that seems to work
for me. You'll have to get the source, apply the patch and build it
yourself. It's pretty simple. Here's what I use to build:

  [ get ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/pub/security/tcp_wrappers_7.6.tar.gz
    and unpack the sources ]
  $ tar zxf /tmp/tcp_wrappers_7.6.tar.gz
  $ cd tcp_wrappers_7.6
  [ apply this patch and build ]
  $ patch -p0 -s < /tmp/tcp-wrappers-7.6-cygwin.diff
  $ make REAL_DAEMON_DIR=/usr/sbin STYLE=-DPROCESS_OPTIONS cygwin
  $ cp tcpd.exe /usr/sbin
  [ edit /etc/hosts.allow, /etc/hosts.deny and /etc/inetd.conf, restart
    Cygwin inetd service and you're good to go. Troubles? Use
    tcpdmatch, it's your friend. ]

Regards,
Mumit

ps: Please use an email editor that wraps lines to <= 72-74 columns.