Installation problem: nothing to install?

Phil Mitchell phil.mitchell@pobox.com
Mon Jul 2 16:04:00 GMT 2001

I'm trying to do a full, clean Cygwin install on win 98 SE. I'm installing
from a local directory, b/c I have a slow internet connection and downloaded
the files elsewhere and sneakermailed them to my local hard drive. When I
run setup.exe, I get to the part where I'm supposed to tell it which
packages to install, and there aren't any to select. setup.log tells me
there was nothing to install. I'm using the latest setup (2.57).

I have read through the mail archives and it seems that others have had this
problem, but no solutions were posted.

TIA,

Phil