1.3.2: bash: Swedish characters not displayed (beeps instead)

David Starks-Browning starksb@ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jul 6 03:03:00 GMT 2001

On Friday 6 Jul 01, david.prather@telelogic.com writes:
> I haven't looked to see which encoding you have in your html page but if you
> need the page to be ASCII use these entities:
>
> £åäö

Thanks, I'm aware of these.  The constraint is that we write texinfo
source.  This conversion is really something that should be done by
texi2html, and I haven't looked into to that possibility.

I'm in a real rush now.  If I can't fix it today, I'll return to it in
another week.  I'm travelling next week and won't have email/cvs
access.

(Or, Chris, do you prefer I remove the offending characters before I leave?)

Regards,
David