Java Runtime.exec()

SAWANT, SACHIN (Non-HP-PaloAlto, ex1) sachin_sawant@non.hp.com
Mon Jul 9 18:03:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

We are using cygwin to run our application. I am trying to execute a shell
file at the operation system through java. The code is as follows

     String unixCommand = "./run.sh";
     Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime();
     Process proc = rt.exec("unixCommand");

     InputStream result = proc.getInputStream();
     InputStreamReader isr = new InputStreamReader(result);
     BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(isr);
     String line = null;

     while ( (line = br.readLine()) != null)
             out.println(line);

     int exitVal = proc.waitFor();

  I am getting CreateProcess Exception when I try to run this code. It does
work well for other unix commands like "ls" or "ps". Am I doing something
wrong?

Regards

Sachin