initdb failure - postgres hangs with 100% CPU

Jason Tishler Jason.Tishler@dothill.com
Tue Jul 10 11:48:00 GMT 2001

Steve,

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 10:57:11AM -0700, Steve Jorgensen wrote:
> In case you were wondering, I am someone who has been -very- happy to have
> your Cygwin port of PostgreSQL to work with, and I had no problem following
> your instructions to make it work.  Just so you know your work is
> appreciated.

Thanks for acknowledging my efforts.

> Trojan horse follows:
> I don't suppose you know if anyone has instructions for building libpq.dll
> using Cygwin/gcc?

What precisely do you mean by "libpq.dll"?  Do you mean the straight Win32
version of libpq, the PostgreSQL front-end C library?  If so, then you can
find a pre-built (with MSVS 6.0) but *untested* tarball at the following:

    http://members.home.net/jtishler/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.1.2-1-win32.tar.gz

By "using Cygwin/gcc" do you mean Cygwin's gcc -mno-cygwin or Mingw
mode?  If so, then it should be possible but I don't know of anyone who
has done it yet.

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: 732.264.8770 x235