Cygwin 20.1b & 1.3.2 on same system

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) lhall@rfk.com
Tue Jul 17 08:05:00 GMT 2001

At 09:24 AM 7/17/2001, Steven Whatley wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'd like to get started writing programs for my Palm IIIx.  The PRC-Tools
>package requites the Cygwin 20.1b version but I have Cygwin v1.3.2
>installed.  Can the two live on the same system?  What is the best way to
>set it up?
>
>Thanks,
>Steven

Yes, B20 can exist with the current environment, if you make sure that
the 2 cygwin1.dlls are never loaded at the same time.  Of course, we
don't recommend this practice and this list discourages questions on
obsolete versions.  IIRC, the site hosting PRC-Tools also has some
information on how to use the current Cygwin distribution in conjunction
with them.  Investigating this option may be the best in terms of using
a supported environment.