does patch.exe work different than other unx patch tools?

Armin Theissen Armin.Theissen@Sun.COM
Wed Jul 18 02:42:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

thanks for all your help on that issue. We got the patch working
now.

First, Corrina's suggestion of forgetting the 'type' works, but
the patch is part of a makefile which should work for unix platforms
as well (openoffice.org) and the type command is needed there for
reasons I don't know right now ( = I don't build the unix stuff).
Then, it makes no difference whether I use the newest latest cygwin
or the old one (which we need to compile openoffice.org properly
from the 4nt shell using cygwin tools).
Last but not least, the line-ends. The solution to make the patch
working is

type patch-file-name | tr -d "\015"| patch -b -p2

armin