Where can I find the CAT utility?

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) lhall@rfk.com
Thu Jul 19 11:42:00 GMT 2001

At 01:29 PM 7/19/2001, K.Weinert@gmx.net wrote:
>Hello,
>I would like to use the cat utility. I downloaded the following
>packages:
>ash
>autoconf
>automake
>bash
>binutils
>cygwin
>fileutils
>findutils
>gawk
>grep
>inetutils
>sh-utils
>w32-api
>which
>
>but cat seems not to be included there. Where can I find it?

Forgive me for pointing this out but this list doesn't recommend or
support the "pick-and-choose" approach to package installation.  As
such, your inquiry is really, at this point, off-topic.  I'd also
point out that if you have questions about these tools and how they
work in the Cygwin environment, the resources that you'll find at
www.cygwin.com are chock-full of great answers.  You should avail
yourself of them.  For example, this particular question, while
off-topic, has been discussed many times (to the point that it should
be an FAQ in an attempt to decrease the traffic on this list).  A quick
search of the list archives would point you to the answer very quickly.
Now, with that all said, you'll find "cat" in the "textutils" package,
where GNU has always put it. ;-)