cron ignores my settings

Julian Hall jules@acris.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 07:51:00 GMT 2001

> I've even tried
> setting the runmc script with chmod +x which doesn't seem to do
anything as
> ls still shows it has no execute privilege.   Please note that the
runmc
> script does execute and work properly when I call it manually!

ls should show it with execute privelege if it is an executable file
(either a PE file, or one that starts #!).  Note that BASH can execute
files that are not actually valid shell scripts by making the assumption
that they are intended to be executed by bash, even when they don't have
an inital #!... line, so it would be advisable to check that this line
is indeed present as it sounds to me as though it isn't.

Hope this helps!

Jules