Did some porting for cygwin

E ecognito1@earthcorp.com
Sun Jul 22 15:48:00 GMT 2001


At 12:36 PM 22/07/2001 -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>The cygwin-xfree people get justifiably upset when a "fork" like this 
>happens (and make no mistake, what you're proposing is a fork -- or will 
>become one once the inevitable version-skew happens).

I think the mistake is on your part.  I am not proposing a fork.  I am 
suggesting that the freetype package be contributed by cygwin-xfree into 
the base set of packages for cygwin.  If the answer to that is "it will 
happen soon, just wait a bit" then that's fine.  You could have said that 
without the condescendence(tm).

>Besides, freetype is useless without the X libraries, anyway.

Well, judging from the original email, it is at least useful for PHP, which 
is not X based to my knowledge.  I know I've used it in another application 
that was not X based.  So I guess it is not totally useless with the X 
libraries, anyway.

E.


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list