1.3.2 bug on NT 4: localtime() & timestring() set errno on success

Larisa A Stephan lastephan@west.raytheon.com
Tue Jul 24 11:43:00 GMT 2001

I notice that localtime() and timestring() tend to set errno to 0x2 even
though they succeed (return a non-NULL pointer).  I THINK this is a bug,
but maybe someone can correct me.  I checked the archives and found one
mention of this issue, but no one followed up to tell the guy he was nuts,
so maybe it is really a bug.

As long as you are expecting that this could happen, it's not fatal.
However, this appears to be a new phenomenon because an executable that we
had compiled a couple of years back (now unknown DLL version) didn't do
this.

Attached are the following:
   An example source file
   The output of running this code
   My cygcheck output (per the bug reporting instructions)

Thanks, guys.  Feel free to let me know if this not a bug, and if so, let
me know where I can read up on the expected behavior of these functions.

-- Larisa Stephan
Raytheon Co.
Larisa_A_Stephan@raytheon.com
(See attached file: time_bug_report.c)(See attached file:
time_bug_report.out)(See attached file: cygcheck.out)
time_bug_report.c
time_bug_report.out
cygcheck.out