mkpasswd - mkgroup inconsistency in W2K Professional (cron problem)

Corinna Vinschen cygwin@cygwin.com
Thu Jul 26 01:12:00 GMT 2001

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 02:52:56AM +0300, postin-list@mailAndNews.com wrote:

> Is the generaton of mkpasswd and mkgroup correct? I wonder
> why the Administrator is put to group "none", gid 513 ?

That's correct. On stand-alone machines (no domain) all users
are in group 513 including admin. If you don't want that, you
can change it in /etc/passwd according to the documentation
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html

> This relates to cron problem that I'm trying to debug, what is
> the cause of the error and how can I help to fix it?
>
> 	//Administrator@W2KPICASSO /cygdrive/g $ cron
> 	seteuid: Not owner

That's probably already fixed in the latest developer snapshots.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.