directory hard links

Michael Schaap cygwin@mscha.com
Sun Jul 29 15:49:00 GMT 2001

At 15:42 27-7-2001, Noel L Yap wrote:

> >On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 06:09:56PM -0400, Noel L Yap wrote:
> >> How can I create directory hard links?
> >
> >You can't. They actually aren't allowed on POSIX systems.
>
>Then is it possible to have mounts that are local to the shell?

I'm not sure what you mean.  You want to use mounts to emulate directory
hard links, right?  But hard links can't be process specific.

Mount can do anything directory hard links would be able to do - plus they
can be user specific, if you want to.
To emulate
         $ ln /a/directory /another/directory
you would do something like
         $ mkdir -p /another/directory
         $ mount -fs `cygpath -wa /a/directory` /another/directory

Hope this helps,

  - Michael

--
     I always wondered about the meaning of life.   So I looked it
     up in the dictionary under "L" and there it was - the meaning