stunnel and cygwin

Yectli Huerta yhuerta@msi.umn.edu
Fri Jun 1 10:06:00 GMT 2001

thanks for the tips.  I got past those error messages, but then i got
this.

cc1.exe: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code
is position independent)
Cannot export _bss_end__: symbol not defined
Cannot export _bss_start__: symbol not defined
Cannot export _data_end__: symbol not defined
Cannot export _data_start__: symbol not defined
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

any ideas,

thanks in advance,

yectli

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Jacek Trzcinski wrote:

> Hi,
> few months ago I did it. Then, I simply cut off not needed instruction
> but with advice of Corinna I took it in conditional directive. So You
> should do as follows:
>
> 1) In stunnel.c take in conditional compilation
>
> #ifndef __CYGWIN__
>    if(setgroups(1,gr_list)){
>    }
> #endif
>
> 2) In pty.c take in conditional these three ioctl's with I_PUSH
>
> #ifndef __CYGWIN__
>    if (ioctl .....
>    if (ioctl .....
>    if (ioctl
> #endif
>

> Jacek
>

> Yectli Huerta wrote:
> >
> > while attempting to compile pty.c, i get the following error messages
> >
> > stunnel.c: In function `listen_local':
> > stunnel.c:633: warning: implicit declaration of
> > function `setgroups'
> > pty.c: In function `pty_allocate':
> > pty.c:140: `I_PUSH' undeclared (first use in this
> > function)
> > pty.c:140: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
> > only once
> > pty.c:140: for each function it appears in.)
> > make: *** [pty.o] Error 1
> >
> > I_PUSH is bein called by ioctl. which i had to include myself.
> > i am trying to build stunnel with the latest version of cygwin.
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > yectli
> >
> > --

Yectli Adolfo Huerta             email: yhuerta@msi.umn.edu
Unix Support                    office: 612 624-0540
Supercomputing Institute           fax: 612 624-8861
     for Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
1200 Washington Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55415