cygwin initialization, was cygrunsrv fails to start

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Sun Jun 3 18:04:00 GMT 2001

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 11:38:12AM -0700, Karl M wrote:
>I'm looking for ideas on how to further debug this problem. I'll take any
>thoughts or suggestions.
>
>I would like to understand the sequence of events when the cygwin1.dll is
>first loaded.
>
>This happens in response to the first .exe image that references it, right?
>
>Is there any "automatic" initialization of the cygwin1.dll, or does it wait
>until the first posix call from the .exe image?

There is nothing special about cygwin1.dll.  It's like any other DLL.

The main initialization happens before main is called in the dll_crt0 and
dll_crt0_1 routines.  dll_crt0_1 calls main.

cgf