[avail for test] readline-4.2-1

Jason Tishler Jason.Tishler@dothill.com
Wed Jun 6 06:15:00 GMT 2001

Chuck,

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 11:31:04PM -0400, Charles S. Wilson wrote:
> Jason Tishler wrote:
> > I found the following patch on the pgsql-patches list:
> >
> >     http://postgresql.readysetnet.com/mhonarc/pgsql-patches/2001-04/msg00049.html
> >
> > It seemed exactly for what I was looking.  Unfortunately, it was
> > rejected in favor for what appears (at least to me) to be the "ostrich"
> > approach. :,)
>
> Hmm...the *accepted* patch there sez:
>
> [snip]
>
> the #define completion_matches() seems like an OK fix to me.  I don't
> know why they couldn't also have done #define
> filename_completion_function, as well.

Thanks for doing my job!  I don't know how I missed the above.  When I saw
all of the rl_* stuff being removed from configure.in, I got discouraged
and punted.

Anyway, I'm in the process of testing the attached patch under Cygwin
with readline 4.1 and 4.2 and Linux with 2.2.1 and 4.2.  If all checks
out OK, then I will submit this patch to pgsql-patches.

BTW, a minor variation of this patch should work for Python too.

Thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: 732.264.8770 x235