cygrunsrv

Corinna Vinschen cygwin@cygwin.com
Sun Jun 10 12:44:00 GMT 2001

On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 11:28:01AM -0700, Karl M wrote:
> Hi Corinna...
>
> Would you be willing to accept a patch to cygrunsrv to set the Description
> field in the services panel?

Sure.

> If yes, would you prefer that I expand the functionality of
>
> install_registry_keys
>
> to make registry entries at this new level or add a new function? I would
> favor expanding the current function.

I agree.

> Do you have any preference for the option names?

--desc ?!? I'm not quite sure about the single character option,
-x, perhaps...

You can download the latest source from CVS:

  cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cygwin.de:/home/cvs/cvsroot login
  Password "anoncvs"
  cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cygwin.de:/home/cvs/cvsroot co cygrunsrv

Patches should be relative to the latest in the CVS repository.
Please add an appropriate text to cygrunsrv.README as well.
And a ChangeLog entry as plain text.

Oh, yes, and please let us move discussions about changes to
cygrunsrv to the cygwin-apps mailing list.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.