telnet's broken

Keith Starsmeare keith_starsmeare@yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 04:37:00 GMT 2001

I can no longer cd to UNC paths in a telnet window; I now get permission denied
(although it works if I'm currently logged into the machine at the console). To
access another windows box I need to map a drive with net use and give it my
username (with domain) and password.

Also one of the NT applications I use now gives me a "Initialisation of dynamic
link library ...USER32.dll failed."

I'm not quite sure when this started happening and it's quite irritating. I
have a working machine (which I've not updated recently) so I tried using the
same version of inetd but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Do I need to
roll back the cygwin dll too?

Regards

Keith