List of legal color names for "rxvt -bg"?

Gerrit P. Haase gp@familiehaase.de
Fri Jun 15 17:52:00 GMT 2001

Karr, David schrieb am 2001-06-15, 16:28:

> Do you say that because you saw them listed there, or because you're just
> assuming I didn't read the man page?  The only mention in the man page of
> what the legal color names might be is to say that they're contained in
> "/usr/lib/X11/rgb.txt", which doesn't exist on my system.
>
> I was able to figure out some valid names (thanks to Randall Schulz) by
> looking at the output of "strings rxvt.exe", but that's just approximate.

$ man rxvt
[...]
       -bg colour
              Window background colour; resource background.

       -fg colour
              Window foreground colour; resource foreground.
[...]
       -cr colour
              The cursor colour; resource cursorColor.

       -pr colour
              The mouse pointer colour; resource pointerColor.

       -bd colour
              The  colour of the border between the xterm scroll-
              bar and the text; resource borderColor.
[...]
      colorn: colour
              Use the specified colour for the  colour  value  n,
              where  0-7  corresponds  to  low-intensity (normal)
              colours  and  8-15  corresponds  to  high-intensity
              (bold  =  bright  foreground,  blink = bright back-
              ground) colours.  The canonical names are  as  fol-
              lows:  0=black,  1=red,  2=green, 3=yellow, 4=blue,
              5=magenta, 6=cyan, 7=white, but the  actual  colour
              names  used  are  listed in the COLORS AND GRAPHICS
              section.
[...]

Well the listing in 'COLORS AND GRAPHICS' as mentioned above is
missing in the manpage unfortunately, nut you may find them in
thew source...

Ciao,

gph

--