New on sources: cron-3.0.1-1

Michael Schaap cygwin@mscha.com
Thu Jun 21 16:50:00 GMT 2001

At 20:43 21-6-2001, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>Maybe, I missed something when porting. I'm currently in vacation
>so that will take some time.

I think you should interrupt your vacation to solve this problem RIGHT NOW!
(Just kidding, of course.  Enjoy your well deserved vacation.)

In any case, I checked the source code, and crontab indeed tries to seteuid
to ROOT_UID (= System).  It looks like you added code to seteuid back to
the original uid almost immediately afterwards.  If you instead not seteuid
at all, it seems to work fine.  (Well, probably only for users with
Administrator privileges, but that's better than requiring System privileges.)

I've attached a patch for this change.

  - Michael