Where do I send bug reports?

Brian Keener bkeener@thesoftwaresource.com
Fri Jun 22 08:31:00 GMT 2001

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Do we think it's a good idea?

Ah, now that's another question.  I got the idea it was general consensus that
setup should and would (eventually) do that.  I think I am the one that
originally removed (and I am not sure it was still there by the time I was
messing around) that ability.  That said it wasn't then and isn't now my
general consensus that it should be done that way although I do think it would
be a nice feature, but I also question the advisability/feasibility of doing it
since there is currently a move to have setup deal with categories,
dependencies and the like.  What do we do with a package that is in the
directories below setup but its file name doesn't match the norm with the
version number and the package name. You won't have setup to give you
Categories and dependencies.  You won't have setup to tell you what is the
Previous/Current/test version.  I'm just not sure it doesn't open up a bigger
can of worms to allow setup to do that.

It can be done now even with setup requiring the ini file, it is just that
someone who wants to install an unknown package like that needs to know how to
edit setup.ini to do it - maybe that is the way to go - I just don't know.