Sergy Okhapkin's scp1 and ssh take 3 minutes to initialize

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Tue Jun 26 11:26:00 GMT 2001

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 12:48:07PM -0500, Clark Sims wrote:
>>Why aren't you using the ssh that comes with the cygwin distribution?
>
>I had problems getting scp to work ( I must admit I am a newbie, and
>maybe I just screwed up the command line) I don't have documentation on
>how to install sshd as a service, for cygwin.
>
>Once I get something stable and working (even if it is slow), I can
>setup another machine to use the cygwin ssh/scp/sshd.  This way I can
>compare them.
>
>Installing sshd as a service scares the wits out of me.  I have spent
>weeks in the past trying to do this, to no avail.  I am glad that
>Barrett & Silverman gave such a detailed account in their book , "SSH
>THe Secure SHell The Definitive Guide".

I don't see how "definitive" this guide can be if they are so out of date as
to suggest that Sergey's three-year old versions of tools should be used
rather than the tools that come with the release.

In any event, it's unlikely that you are going to get much support on this
when we providing alternate tools in the release.

cgf