libc-documentation

Robinow, David drobinow@dayton.adroit.com
Tue Jun 26 14:03:00 GMT 2001

> From: GoetzKA@t-online.de [ mailto:GoetzKA@t-online.de ]
> Subject: Re: libc-documentation

> Is there anyone who really knows what the current
> documenting state is, and where to get the docu existing so far?
 I think I do.  At least to my satisfaction.

> It's fairly hard to believe that e.g. a lot of apparently
> useful libs (such as libregex) are distributed without
> ANY docu, making them useless therefore.
> So I conclude that at least part of it exists -- somewhere...
 Not all documentation is included with the binaries.  Download the source
code.  It's a judgment call as to how much documentation is included with
the binaries.  The distribution is already quite large.

  You may find some of what you want at
 http://sunsite.utk.edu/gnu   (not a cygwin site)