Cygwin: Interoperability Is Important (was Cygwin: Open or Closed System, etc)

Ronald W. Cook rwc@cowaro.com
Wed Jun 27 07:44:00 GMT 2001

Dear Mr. Hamster,

I, for one, do not wish to preserve or further the use of the backslash as
you intend -  by extending or enhancing its use in cygwin to acommodate
M$ applications even, if it means going out of one's way to prevent it.

I for one do not wish to preserve of further the use of the English system.
We will have to go out of our way to correct this - laissez faire costs too much.

I for one do not wish to preserve the use of MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY
which some don't understand when the obvious logical choice should be
YYYY/MM/DD, which EVERYONE understands.
We will have to go out of our way to correct this - laissez faire costs too much.

I for one do not wish to count my money backwards in starting a new
"just to be different" thread.  That would scare me if communication failed.

I for one do not wish to start saying time  MM:SS:HH in starting a new
thread.  No one would understand.

There is a reason to seek order - it improves communication and can prevent
$300,000,000 mistakes (and lives?) as was not too latey demonstrated.
We will have to go out of our way to correct this - laissez faire costs too much.

Chaos or order?  Some will gravitate toward one.

Thanks to the Cygwinners.

Ron Cook
www.cowaro.com