CFLAGS to use when making new compiler

Robert McNulty Junior bmj2001@bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 28 07:50:00 GMT 2001

Suggestions are:
-mno-cygwin -D__CYGWIN__ -D__MINGW32__ -D_WIN32

After this build, I am adding a new one:
-DWIN32

Because Csound requires it.
I am also planning on adding

-DWIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN

Suggestions for other cflags are welcome

In GCC 3.0, I noticed that when only using -D__CYGWIN__,, I did not have
access to Mingw or Win32.
So, I used (and in the process of building)
-O -D__CYGWIN__ -D__MINGW32__ -D_WIN32
I have learned just know how important CFLAGS are.
They tell the compile what headers to use.
GCC 3.0 was working correctly the whole time.
Problem was: It was not configured for Cygwin, MingW, Or Win32api.

When I get done building this one, I am going to add some more to the built
ins.

Full set will be:
-mno-cygwin -D__CYGWIN___ -D__MINGW32__ -D_WIN32 -DWIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN

Reason I am adding -DWIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN is in the <windows.h>

If defined, it includes some Windows stuff that we need when build a
Win32API application.

I could add one other:
-DWINVER=0x0400 which tell the computer to build a Win98 program.
I have learned a lot playing around with the switches.
I have created a customized compile to meet the needs of my machine.
Now, to get work on making it match my machine.
Then, stage two of Project Win Back will commence.