Rlogin issues

Carlson, Steve (SPD) Steve.Carlson@COMPAQ.com
Thu Jun 28 15:00:00 GMT 2001


I had everything working well under Windows NT4, but when I upgraded to
Windows 2000 I encountered the exact same problems you have. Tried many of
the same things, to no avail. Would also appreciate any help that can be
offered!



 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Sandeep Tamhankar [ mailto:sandman@Interwoven.com ] 
Sent:	Thursday, June 28, 2001 12:55
To:	cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject:	Rlogin issues

 << File: tocyg.txt >> << File: ATT344282.txt >> I've been trying in vain to
get rlogin to work for the last few days.  
It used to work before I upgraded a slew of modules yesterday.  Here's 
what I'm running now:

login-1.4.2
inetd-1.3.2-14

It seems that the login itself does succeed because I see the motd.  But 
then I get an error from login saying something like:

login: no shell: /bin/bash: Permission denied

I've been playing a lot with my CYGWIN variable and setting the 
c:\cygwin\usr\sbin\inetd.exe REG_SZ variable in the registry, and at the 
moment (i.e. with the cygcheck log I'm including) I'm not getting the 
above error message.  I'm just getting a "connection closed" message.

The other weird thing is that when I try to use other valid 
username-password combinations, it doesn't authenticate.  Oh, and telnet 
works fine.

These are domain users that I've been playing with, and I did specify 
-Udomain\username in /etc/passwd for the relevant users.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Sandeep

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list