When will the pipe key be fixed?

Martin Van-Eerde martin.vaneerde@btinternet.com
Fri Jun 29 10:24:00 GMT 2001

Sorry David, I forgot to forward your email address to my home,

Further information about Perl complaining about the pipe key:

This is perl, v5.6.1 built for cygwin

The problem happens on any line that uses the pipe character (which is OR in
Perl), if I comment out line 8 then the next occurance of the pipe is
reported.

$ perl -c Mammals.pl
Unrecognized character \xA6 at Mammals.pl line 8.

1 package Mammal;
2
3   my %cls_basedata   = ( legs => '4', tail => 'yes' );
4    my $cls_population = 0;
5
6   sub new {
7      my $type  = shift;
8       my $class = ref ( $type ) ¦¦ $type;
        my $self  = { %cls_basedata };
        my %data  = @_;

Cygnus Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Fri Jun 29 18:12:50 2001

Win9X Ver 4.90 build 73010104

 Cygwin DLL version info:
     dll major: 1003
     dll minor: 2
     dll epoch: 19
     dll bad signal mask: 19005
     dll old termios: 5
     dll malloc env: 28
     api major: 0
     api minor: 39
     shared data: 3
     dll identifier: cygwin1
     mount registry: 2
     cygnus registry name: Cygnus Solutions
     cygwin registry name: Cygwin
     program options name: Program Options
     cygwin mount registry name: mounts v2

I am new to both UNIX and Cygwin and dont know what rxvt is?

Thanks, Martin