Can't build Make from source because Windows header filesmoved to /usr/include/w32api?

Jonathan Kamens jik@curl.com
Thu Mar 1 05:15:00 GMT 2001

>  Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 18:30:25 -0500
>  From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>
>
>  > I know how to work around this, but my question is.... Is this a known
>  > problem, what's the correct way to fix it, and when will it be fixed
>  > in the precompiled stuff being distributed by RedHat?
>  >

>  CC='gcc -mwin32' ../configure

Thanks, but I don't think this really answers my question.

Shouldn't "configure" for a Cygwin source package just Do The Right
Thing?  That's the whole point of "configure", isn't it?  So if some
Cygwin source packages depend on win32 header files or whatever,
shouldn't the configure script included with those packages
automatically add "-mwin32" or "-I/usr/include/w32api" or whatever to
the compiler flags?

  jik