"net setup"

Corinna Vinschen cygwin@cygwin.com
Thu Mar 1 23:50:00 GMT 2001


On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 11:18:34PM -0800, Michael Powe wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> Why isn't there a central installation site for the "net setup" that
> contains all necessary and/or elective files?  I've been to six "mirror"
> sites and every one of them is giving me error messages that essential files
> like binutils or gzip are not found.  Am I really expected to "shop" from
> site to site, making a list of all the missing packages and checking them
> off as I cruise around the mall picking them up from one site or another?
> 
> Maybe I'm wrong but I always thought "mirror" meant a complete copy of a
> central site.  We don't seem to have even a single central site with all the
> packages available.

All mirrors are thought as complete copies. If they have problems
it's not our fault. We are not in charge for them.

I never had that much problems with mirrors, at least not with
the european ones. Did you try ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at ? A very
reliable mirror from my experience. And it has the latest package
from yesterday already mirrored.

Corinna

-- 
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list