Difficulty with getting ntsec to work.

Jason B. Alonso jalonso@MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 7 13:54:00 GMT 2001

To access the additional account properties under Win2K...

Start->Settings->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Computer
Management->System Tools->Local Users and Groups->Users

Then right-click on any account and hit properties.

Happy computing.

Jason Alonso

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner@sources.redhat.com
[ mailto:cygwin-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Derek Pomery
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 4:06 PM
To: Corinna Vinschen
Subject: Re: Difficulty with getting ntsec to work.

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>Just two questions,
>
>did you install the login package as well (needed for telnet)?

Well, I assume so, installed everything.
This you mean?
$ ls -l /usr/bin/login
-rwxr-xr-x   1 nemo     None        11776 Jul 31  2000 /usr/bin/login
$ login
login: nemo
Password:
Login incorrect

>does your guest login actually has no password _and_ the following
>user properties NOT set:
>	- User must change password at next logon
>	- Account is disabled
>?

Not certain how to access those additional properties under win2k user
management (oh for NT4 - well, linux would be even better, but I digress),
however the account has no password, and is not disabled and I am
able to log in using it without being prompted to change password.