setup.exe ==> source directory mess (?)

Christopher Abbey cabbey@bresnanlink.net
Sat Mar 10 01:11:00 GMT 2001

Yesterday, DJ Delorie wrote:
> OK, then /oss/src/cygwin/src/configure should have been correct.  A
> plain "make" there should have built libiberty, newlib, and winsup.

yeah, I'll chalk it up to a learning experience... never try to short
cut the process - I've no idea what the difference was but the
first time I did it libiberty wasn't configured... I nuked it all and
started over... no problems this time.

Here then is the patch to accomplish the /usr/src change this thread
started. In testing this I did observe two things: one that some
packages have src/ in the front of the source paths... crypt is one,
such that you end up with /usr/src/src/crypt-1.0/*... I don't think
this is "normal" source packaging... but if it is a solution similar
to what is used for /usr/bin and /usr/lib can be put in. The second
item I noticed is that the source package sizes are not included in
the total download or install totals, making the progress bars finish
way too soon.  I fixed those in this patch as well.

2001-03-10  Chris Abbey  <chris_abbey@yahoo.com>

	* install.cc: install sources into /usr/src instead
	  of /, also include the sizes of source tarballs
	  in total_bytes.
	* download.cc: include sizes of source tarballs in
	  total_download_bytes.

--
now the forces of openness have a powerful and
  unexpected new ally - http://ibm.com/linux