Creating an absolute BFD given a relocateable BFD.

Frank Steltz frank.steltz@ulticom.com
Mon Mar 12 13:48:00 GMT 2001

Dear Sirs:

My name is Frank Steltz. I have Cygwin and its sources.

I purchased a copy of your book "LIB BFD, The
Binary File Descriptor Library".  I am trying to create an absolute output
BFD from a relocateable input BFD of the same TARGET type.  I have tried to
reset the bfd->xvec->object_flag bit for HAS_RELOC. I have tried to reset
the bfd->xvec->section_flag bit for SEC_RELOC. I have tried to reset the
reset the bfd->flags bit for HAS_RELOC and I have tried to reset the reset
the section->flags bit for SEC_RELOC.

No mater what I do in end up with relocations in the output.  Can you give
me any words of wisdom?

Thanks Frank