How Do I Send Mail From Command Line

Fowler, John P, CFCTR jpfowler@att.com
Wed Mar 14 07:32:00 GMT 2001


I would also be interested in a mailx implementation for Cygwin.  That way I
could work on shell scripts on my NT laptop when I am on the road and
execute them up to a true Unix platform when I have access.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Malcolm Boekhoff [ mailto:Malcolm.Boekhoff@actfs.co.uk ]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 7:19 AM
To: Cygwin News Group
Subject: Re: How Do I Send Mail From Command Line


Can you please post what tools (apart from Mutt) that you are using to (a)
receive mail and (b) send mail?

Please also post your .{mutt,ssmtp,fetchmail,etc}rc files.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Enoch Wu" <ewu@eskimo.com>
To: "Jason Tishler" <Jason.Tishler@dothill.com>
Cc: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 7:30 AM
Subject: Re: How Do I Send Mail From Command Line


> On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 12:51:29AM -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
> > > > How can I send mail from the command line in Cygwin? Is there a
version
> > > > of mail or something like that for cygwin?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Josh
> > > >
> > > I don't think so. But Mutt mailer is good!
> >
> > Actually, mutt can.  I use this feature all the time and love it!
> >
> > Jason
>
> You're right! Thanks
>
> --
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list