fetchmail/procmail/jed -- cygwin binaries available?

Enoch Wu enochw@scn.org
Thu Mar 15 10:04:00 GMT 2001

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Malcolm Boekhoff wrote:

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Enoch wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Mutt's regular expression and folder-hook is very powerful - almost like procmail functionality. I can drop mails into various
> folders.
>
> How? I'm sure I'm not alone in trying to get this to work.

Not very easily and I have not tried it. Take a look at Sven's example at
http://www.mutt.org .

I am attaching a section of his 'rc' file below:

# Saving "official" mails from the local "mailing lists"
# (at inf.fu-berlin.de and math.fu-belin.de) - evil stuff!
# We can put all these into a single save-hook
# even though it takes a very strange expression:
  save-hook  "~C
'(alle?|m?-?studi-replies|all-replies|studi?s?|studenten)@.*(inf|math)' |
~C ^alle?$"   +ALL
#
# One of these days I'll be taking pictures of the
# expression on people's faces when they see this.  ;-)

# Some more local mailing lists:
  save-hook  "~C  hackers@math"                     +HACKERS
  save-hook  "~C      key@math"                     +KEY
  save-hook  "~C security@.*inf"                    +IN.SECURITY
  save-hook  "~C security@lists.spline.de"          +IN.SECURITY
  save-hook  "~C schulz-schueler@math.fu-berlin.de" +TERMINE

# Mailing lists which can be identified by one of
# the addresses their are sent *to* (hence "~C"):
  save-hook  "~C linux-l(-announce)?@.*in-berlin.de" +IN.LINUX
  save-hook  "~C nano@doesnotexist.com"             +IN.NANO
  save-hook  "~C viaginfo@"                         +IN.VIAGINFO
  save-hook  "~C viagservice@"                      +IN.VIAGSERVICE