perl DynaLoader problems

Charles S. Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 22 14:10:00 GMT 2001

Kurt Indermaur wrote:

> I am trying to build and use a CPAN module
> (Date::Calc, though it happens with many others, too).
> The module compiles ok, but when I try to use it, or
> even do "make test" (see below), I get dlopen errors
> with a strange error code (3221225622). The DLL file
> is where it's looking for it.
>
> Is there a fix or workaround to this problem?

I've never seen this problem; Eric -- any ideas?

> Barring that, is there a cygwin perl available that is
> configured to NOT do dynamic loading?

http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/B20/index.html is
configured for static linking but it is REALLY old.  Based on
perl-5.005_03, it was built for and with cygwin B20.1; it may not even
work on cygwin-1.1.x -- I've never tried.

FWIW, the perl source for 5.6.1-TRIAL1 (available from your local cygwin
mirror) builds OOB on new cygwin kernels.

--Chuck