mini-announce: lynx 2.8.3r1 binaries (fwd)

Sagar R. Shah Sagar.Shah@sid.cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 27 02:00:00 GMT 2001

Hi All

I'm forwarding this to the list as Robert didn't do a reply to all.

I'm not sure whether the problem is with lynx or cygwin.

Do other people think that the problem might be with the cygwin DLL?
Are there any known problems with select() ?

Thanks

Sagar

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:45:21 +1000
From: Robert Praetorius <RPraetorius@AspenRes.Com>
To: Sagar R. Shah <srs29@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: mini-announce: lynx 2.8.3r1 binaries

> On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Robert Praetorius wrote:
> >       I haven't tested it extensively, but I downloaded it, put it
> > where the README said and ran it and it seems to do just fine.
>
> Thanks for letting me know.

     As Murphy would have it,  I encountered a hang twice after I sent
you mail.  When I tried to reproduce it with the same URLs, it was did
fine and hasn't hung since.

     I tried to interrupt it with ^C and ^G, to no avail.  Eventually
I killed it with breakin.exe, which has the added advantage of giving
me a Dr. Watson log at the point of the hang.

     It looks like it was hung in select(), although which thread was
active at the time of the forced breakpoint is not immediately
apparent to me.  I kinda a suspect a Cygwin DLL problem rather than a
Lynx build problem, but who knows?  I'm running cygwin1.dll 1.1.8 from
2/1/01, BTW, other details attached.