-mno-cygwin and C++

Kenton Varda temporal@gauge3d.org
Tue Mar 27 19:22:00 GMT 2001

I just updated my copy of cygwin today, and it appears that using -mno-cygwin
no longer works with C++.  When I try to include STL headers, I get "file not
found" errors.  I tried adding -I/usr/include/g++-3 to the command line, but
that just led to linker errors related to __errno and other symbols,
presumably because it tried to link against cygwin's libstdc++.a rather than
mingw's.

Next, I tried installing gcc-2.95.2-mingw-extra.tar.gz as I had to with my
old copy of cygwin.  With this, my only error was "undefined reference to
_imp___HUGE_dll".  I looked for a new version of this package for gcc-2.95.3,
but found none...

So, what is the latest hack required to make C++ work with -mno-cygwin?
Perhaps, in a future version, this will work without special hacks? :/

Thanks...

-Kenton Varda