how set HOME on login?
Michael A. Chase
mchase@ix.netcom.com
Sat Mar 31 10:23:00 GMT 2001
Things to look for:
What is the result from `id -un`?
Does /home/$USER exist?
Is the user defined in /etc/passwd?
What are $USER and $HOME set to once bash starts?
There is code in the default /etc/profile that handles some of those issues,
but if your installation is relatively old, it might have been created
before that code was added. The new code overrides USER, but leaves HOME
alone if it is already set. It also includes 'cd $HOME' near the end.
--
Mac :})
Give a hobbit a fish and he'll eat fish for a day.
Give a hobbit a ring and he'll eat fish for an age.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Pollack" <sean@giantstudios.com>
To: "cygwin" <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 4:08 PM
Subject: how set HOME on login?
> I'd like to be able to goto /home/$USER instead of /home/administrator
when
> I open a cygwin shell.
>
> I setup cygwin so my $USER is now correct.
--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list