Continued: small DOS program fails (Permission Denied) when run f rom Bash in XEmacs

David M. Karr dmkarr@earthlink.net
Wed May 2 19:10:00 GMT 2001

    Larry> At 01:22 PM 5/2/2001, Karr, David wrote:
    >> "Permission Denied".  I put a printf at the top of "main", and it isn't
    >> getting there.  I would really appreciate some help understanding what
    >> is going on here.

    Larry> Just because you don't see output doesn't mean it didn't get there.
    Larry> Try writing to a file, flush it, and close it.

Done.  No difference.  I verified the file writing worked in the cases where I
can run the executable.  When I get the "Permission Denied" error, the output
file isn't created.

The only barely unusual thing about this executable is that it has a function
with ASM code defined in it, although the function is never executed.  The
purpose of the application is to write out a binary file with the contents of
the function (and some other code).