[ANNOUNCEMENT] New on sources: rxvt-2.7.2-1

Sagar R. Shah Sagar.Shah@sid.cam.ac.uk
Fri May 11 22:47:00 GMT 2001

Hi

On Fri, 11 May 2001, Steve O wrote:
> rxvt-2.7.2-1 for cygwin has been uploaded to sources.

Great :-) Thanks for spending the time turning it into a cygwin package.

> For questions, see /usr/doc/cygwin/rxvt-2.7.2.README.

I noticed one suggestion in the README was to start rxvt as:

 rxvt -e /usr/bin/env TERM=xterm /usr/bin/bash --login -i

This involved modifying the xterm entry in /etc/termcap to get colour.

What i tend to use is:

rxvt -fn Courier-13 -sr -ls -title bash -tn cygwin

(having set SHEL=/bin/bash beforehand)

This gives colour straight away, just thought i'd share it.

-----------

Another question. When i execute a perl script (using ActivePerl) that
prompts the user for data rxvt seems to display none of the prompts and
actually seems to enter past all of them. Any ideas why this is happening?

If i use cygwin/bash in command.com then the prompts are at least displayed
(although annoyingly the first one is entered past).

Thanks

Sagar

Sagar R. Shah
http://www.netnexus.co.uk/