[ANNOUNCEMENT] New on sources: rxvt-2.7.2-1

Gary R. Van Sickle g.r.vansickle@worldnet.att.net
Sat May 12 00:58:00 GMT 2001

> I noticed one suggestion in the README was to start rxvt as:

> rxvt -e /usr/bin/env TERM=xterm /usr/bin/bash --login -i

> This involved modifying the xterm entry in /etc/termcap to get colour.

> What i tend to use is:

> rxvt -fn Courier-13 -sr -ls -title bash -tn cygwin

> (having set SHEL=/bin/bash beforehand)
> This gives colour straight away, just thought i'd share it.

I think you really need the "--login -i" though, and IIRC the "cygwin" term
type is deprecated.  Here's the all-time best rxvt invocation ;-), which I
use:

C:\unix\bin\rxvt.exe -sr -sl 1000 -fn "Lucida Console-bold-14" -tn
rxvt -ls -e bash --login -i

Gets you color, a nice readable font, a 1000-line scrollback buffer, the
scrollbar on the RIGHT as God intended it, the whole shebang.