[ANNOUNCEMENT] New on sources: rxvt-2.7.2-1

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry@baikal.ru
Mon May 14 08:13:00 GMT 2001

"Steve O" <simgenome@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I traced the segfault to a call to CreateWindow().
> Since I haven't changed the CreateWindow parameters
> and an older version works on NT, I'm left with the
> fact that I moved the call to RegisterClass and
> the WndProc to a DLL.  I don't know why that would
> cause CreateWindow to break.
>
> I'm able to single step up to the CreateWindow, and
> catch the WM_CREATE message being processed by the
> WndProc.  It's after my WndProc returns DefWindowProc(...)
> that CreateWindow tanks.

It could be related to the fact, that either class is registered
or window is created with the wrong hinstance. Though MSDN says:
CreateWindow:
hInstance -
Windows 95/98: [in] Handle to the instance of the module to be
associated with the window.
Windows NT/2000: This value is ignored.
--
Dmitry.